The 50+ Awards
The 50+ Awards are organised and presented by The 50+ Show, and are solely based on the internet nominations and votes of those who are aged 50+. The 50+ Awards were established in 2012 and are also known as ‘The Goldies.’
The 50+ Awards are based on voter ratings, to find the absolute best of the best!
“I think The 50+ Awards are brilliant and inspirational!” Mrs A. Scott
“The purchasing power and opinions of the 50+ population will in time establish The 50+ Awards as a benchmark.” Noel Desmier – 50+ Awards voter
Examples of 50+ Awards coverage:
What the voters said:
• The best comprehensive survey that I have ever seen. Mr T.S., Scotland
• I have learnt about some companies and organisations that I didn’t know existed just by doing the survey, so now I’m going to surf the web.
• I have not heard of these awards till this evening, but it was interesting to see which organisations had been nominated.
• This made me realise how few of these 50+ organisations I have heard of! I will be looking them up to find out what they offer.
• I wasn’t aware of some of the companies in the lists – so has increased my awareness. I’m looking forward to seeing the winners!
Timetable for the 50+ Awards 2015:
9 January: Nominations open (All registrants for The 50+ Show in 2014 are invited – by email – to nominate for the 50+ Awards 2015)
31 January: Nominations close
9 February: Announcement of nomination long-lists (top 10 most-nominated); Voting opens (All previous registrants for The 50+ Show are invited to vote)
1 May: Announcement of short-lists (top 3 highest-rated nominees in each category).
1 July: Voting closes
14 July (Tuesday, 3pm): 50+ Awards presentations at London Olympia at The 50+ Show itself
Click here to see the full list of previous winners of The 50+ Awards
The inaugural 50+ Awards 2012
The inaugural 50+ Awards 2012 (based on a total of 211,465 individual votes) were presented at a Gala Awards Reception on 13 July 2012, at London Olympia’s Pillar Hall.
In 2012, following a public nomination phase, shortlists of the most nominated in each category were put to a public vote. Over 6500 voters cast a total of 211,465 votes in 53 categories. With an average age of 64, our voters represented a total of 421,760 years of experience!
What the voters said about the 50+ Awards in 2012:
• Extremely good survey & easy to understand.
• I like that there are over 50 awards and pleased to vote too
• This was fun – thank you!
• I congratulate you on the concept – and for highlighting the fact ‘we matter’!
• Good survey, very interesting